How To Tan Naturally Without Burning
- 10 03
Suntans are considered to be attractive for a variety of reasons. A sun-kissed glow can help to even out skin tone and hide acne and blemishes, improving the appearance of one’s skin and often causing the skin to look healthier.
Many people are physically attracted to others who are tan, making bronze skin a desirable trait even though dermatologists warn about the dangers of tanning and the risk of skin cancer.
Spray tans and store-bought bronzing creams have a tendency to make skin look more orange than tan, and the use of indoor tanning beds is generally considered to be more dangerous than sunbathing outdoors. If you’d prefer to tan naturally without burning, the following suggestions will come in handy.
Spend time outdoors when the sun’s rays are less intense:
The best times to tan without burning are before 10 AM and after 4 PM. UV radiation from the sun is less damaging at these times, which is why your chances of developing sunburn are not as great.
Gradually increase your time in the sun:
It’s not uncommon for tourists to develop terrible sunburns after lounging by the pool for hours on end. If you are fair or light-skinned, spend 10 to 15 minutes outdoors for a few days in a row, then 15 to 20 minute outdoors, and so on.
Turn every 10 or 15 minutes:
Once you are able to spend an hour or more outdoors, if you are lying on a lounge chair, flip over every 10 to 15 minutes. This will help to ensure that your tan is even and will prevent your front or back side from getting too much sun and suffering a burn. If you’re trying to tan while walking or jogging, go indoors periodically to give your skin a break.
Use a natural suntan lotion:
Amazing Maui Babe Browning Lotion, which is made on the island of Maui, is water resistant and crafted from natural Hawaiian ingredients including kukui nut oil, kona coffee plant extract and aloe. This natural lotion offers skin protection and moisturizing benefits while promoting a deep, dark tan. Maui Babe Browning Lotion can be used along with sunscreen to help prevent burns.
Make your own tanning spray:
Some sunbathers opt to make their own homemade tanning products, such as this recipe:
- Boil 10 black tea bags in water, making a very strong tea.
- Remove the tea bags and allow the tea to cool to room temperature.
- Pour cooled tea into a plastic spray bottle.
- Spray tea on clean, dry skin and allow to air dry.
This is an inexpensive alternative to bronzing sprays that can help improve the appearance of your skin after you tan naturally.
Reapply lotion and/or sunscreen often:
If you are swimming, the pool or ocean can cause any applied product to wash off your skin. If you are lying in the sun, sweat can do the same thing. A good rule of thumb is to reapply every 20 to 30 minutes.
Apply moisturizer after sunning:
This will help to keep your skin moist and cool and prevent peeling so that your tan will last longer!
Eat foods that promote tanned skin:
Foods that are rich in beta-carotene, an organic compound found in green and yellow fruits and vegetables, have been found to give skin a darker pigment. A few foods that contain beta-carotene include:
- romaine lettuce
- sweet potatoes
Foods that are rich in Vitamin A help to increase the body’s melanin production. Melanin is often added to self-tanners. A few foods that contain Vitamin A include:
Implementing the above suggestions can help you achieve that natural bronze glow without burning or using cosmetic tanning products. Just remember that tanning too often can contribute to dry skin and wrinkles in addition to increasing your risk of skin cancer.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Top 5 Mistakes While Treating Acne
- Acne can be upsetting - very upsetting especially...
- Understanding Liposuction Procedure and Risks
- Liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes...
- Simple Home Remedies For Treatment Of Leucoderma
- Some people develop unusual spots of white...
- 7 Simple Home Remedies to Treat Blemishes of Face
- Blemishes are commonly seen on face of men and...
- Causes and Cure for Yellow Toenails and Fingernails
- You recently noticed your nails are yellow....
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em