10 Best Home Remedies To Cure Cracked Heel
- 18 07
Our feet are perhaps most neglected part of our body though they bear all of our weight. Because of improper care many times people complain about cracked heel which is known as “heel Fissures” in medical terms. Fissures are cracks in the heel surface which doesn’t causes any pain unless they become very deep. In such case you can experience some bleeding along with pain.
Causes of cracked heels:
Cracked heel are usually caused by xerosis or in simple term caused by dry skin. This can be outcome of climatic conditions are due to deficiency of vitamins and minerals. It also appears in with age and quite common with people of old age. Walking or standing bare foot most of the time may also result in cracked heel. One more factor that contributes to cracked heel is overweight. Excess weight puts excess pressure on heels, causes them to expand in width. If the heel skin could not accommodate this change, it will crack.
Symptoms of Cracked heel:
Most common symptoms of cracked heel are red and flaky patches on the heel skin. The skin starts peeling gradually and in later stage bleeding started from the crack.
Home remedy for cracked heels:
There are many simple home remedies which are proven extremely beneficial to cure cracked heel and ease out pain caused by it.
- Soaking the feet in water for long time is a very simple remedy. You can soak your feet in warm water for twenty minutes before going to bed. After that wipe the water from a towel and apply moisturizer on the heel.
- Mash a ripe banana and apply this paste over the cracked heels. Wash it off after 15 minutes. You can also add coconut flesh with the banana to get better results. Coconut contains essential oil and minerals that is required to heal skin.
- Regular exfoliation is very important if you want to avoid cracked heel. For scrubbing the heel, use natural homemade exfoliating scrub instead of cosmetics. You can also use pumice stone to scrap away dry skin. If you want to make natural homemade scrub, you can prepare it by mixing 2-3 tablespoon rice flour, with few spoon of honey and apple cider vinegar.
- You can also soak your feet in lemon juice for 10 minutes. Lemon is a natural moisturizer which soothes the dry skin.
- You can also apply a mixture prepared by mixing glycerine and rose water. It is a very old technique which is being used to cure cracked heel from old times.
- Wear shoes that provide cushion to the heels. Don’t wear high heels.
- Cracked heel are also caused by deficiency of vitamin a, zinc and omega-3 fatty acids. So change your diet plan in such a way that your body get all these nutrients properly.
- Oatmeal is a natural moisturizer which softens the dry skin. Add half cup of oatmeal in a bucket having water to cover your feet. Soak your feet for about half an hour.
- You can also apply lanolin, cocoa butter on your heal before going to bed. For good results, cover your feet with socks.
- Massage cracked heel with coconut oil or sesame oil before going to bed. Wearing socks after massage can give better results.
If you see that your cracks are bleeding and if there is any infection there, go and see a doctor.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Things to consider before buying sunscreen
- Are you planning to go on a beach and considering...
- Diet that makes skin healthy and glowing
- You must have heard a popular phrase “You are...
- Anti Aging tips for men which surely work
- It is not only the women that seek tips for...
- The Basics Of Corrective Facial Peels
- Regardless of what age we are, most of us want...
- Natural Remedy To Cure Brown Spots Of Face
- Our skin is our dearest property. It serves many...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em