- 31 01
What is Testosterone:
Testosterone is a steroid hormone that is secreted mainly in the testes of males and the ovaries of females. A tiny amount of testosterone is also discharged through adrenal glands. Testosterone is basically the primary male sex hormone and plays a vital role in primary and secondary sexual characteristics development.
sexual characteristics are androgenic effects that include development of reproductive tissue as testis and prostrate. Secondary sexual characteristics are anabolic effect that involve muscle growth, bone development, hair growth, voice deepening. Testosterone is also ideal for general healthiness of body. It helps in prevention of osteoporosis. Male body produces around ten times more testosterone than compared to the female body.
How Testosterone function:
The production of testosterone is regulated by the pituitary gland located in the base of the brain. It produces hormonal signals, which ultimately results in production of Testosterone. These hormone signal travels through the bloodstream and activates sex organs. They also control the testosterone level in the bloodstream. Most of the testosterone circulates in blood with carrier protein. These Testosterone are called bound testosterone, and do not play an active role in the body. Unbound testosterone that circulates freely in blood, enters in different cells of body, and play anabolic and androgenic effects.
Post a comment
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em