Stress and Obesity – Two Modern Day Menaces and One Good Old Solution
- 08 06
Starting from the prehistoric beasts and predators to deadly outbreaks like black death and measles, mankind have had its fair share of threats to deal with, and while the mother nature and medical science has taken care of most of these threats that we’ve had a couple of centuries ago, we are now facing some new ones that weren’t so worrisome in the time of our ancestors, for example obesity and stress or depression.
Stress and obesity is gradually turning into serious problems, especially in the developed countries. And both of these problems have something in common, for example …
- Our lifestyle is one of the biggest contributors, including bad working, sleeping, eating, or playing habits
- People tend to ignore these problems in the early days and only think of dealing with stress or obesity once it starts obstructing their everyday lives, despite the fact that the best time to do something about these problems is even before they’ve started to affect your daily life
- Despite not paying attention and allowing the stress or weight to accumulate for years, people want instant results as soon as they start to do something about their weight or stress levels, which is not possible for obvious reasons.
- Both excessive stress and weight wouldn’t just go away in a matter of days or weeks, and there’s no pill or magic formula that will simply evaporate stress or weight from your mind and body, you will have to improve upon your lifestyle, especially the diet and physical activity part
- The solution to both of these problems is incomplete without incorporating regular exercise into your daily routine. The fact that both of these problems were almost non-existent some years ago shows that they are somewhat related to the amount of physical activity we have had in our lives.
- Being overweight and being stressed are also interrelated to some extent, if you are excessively overweight, it might lead to stress and depression, similarly, when you are stressed, it can affect your sleep and diet, resulting in obesity
- While there are some legitimate products or services that you can use for dealing with these problems, there’s a plethora of products or solutions that resort to false promises and misleading information.
People are spending billions on finding a solution to their weight, stress, or depression related problems but you will find most of these people complaining about the lack of results, which is partially due to the fact that the product is good for nothing, but mostly because people are not persistent or ready to take the longer, more natural route. Truth is that except a few cases, when people have some genetics problems leading to the obesity, or chemical imbalances leading to the depression, you can curb both of these problems by simply improving upon your lifestyle, that takes us to our second point i.e. the good old solution.
Morning Walk – the Good old Solution
As earlier suggested, both obesity and stress are a product of our modern lifestyle. It’s not that we don’t have people who were overweight or suffering from psychological disorders in ancient times, but both of these problems were certainly not this common.
Doesn’t matter if you are looking to shed those excessive pounds or break free from stress and the vicious cycle of negative thoughts, you will have to get up and get a move on.
Incorporating regular exercise into your daily routine can help you deal with both of these problems. Going to a gym and working out with trainers is of course a better option, except that taking out time to go to a gym after a hectic day of work can actually put more stress to your mind, rather than being a rejuvenating experience. This is where morning walk can come really handy … here’s how morning walk can help you keep your weight and mental state in balance.
- To go on a morning walk, you will have to wake up early in the morning, which means you will be sleeping early
- Going for walk in the early morning with some moderate exercise is not only healthy for your body, but all that fresh oxygen and early sunshine can be a rejuvenating experience for your mind.
- Getting up early and going for a walk will help you take a good breakfast, which is again mightily important for both your weight and a healthy mind.
- Spending entire day on work and coming back exhausted, when you have the desire but hardly any energy to work out can be quite heart-breaking. You will feel depressed and agitated because you cannot take out time for yourself. Morning walk and exercise will give you that quality time, and you won’t feel frustrated throughout the day and night.
Persistence and consistency are two of the most important factors when you are looking to take back control on your weight and thoughts. It can be quite difficult to take out time on regular basis once the day starts and you step into the vicious cycle of your job and responsibilities. It’ll be easier to persist with morning walk, mainly because you will get it done even before the day starts, so there’s no chance that the daily hustle and bustle will consume the time and energy needed for exercising.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Ways to Stop Stuffy Nose
- One of the most common problems that people face...
- 10 Most Common Signs And Symptoms Of Appendicitis
- Anytime a person has sharp pain in his or her...
- 3 Biggest Myths About Colon Hydrotherapy
- Colonic therapy is part of widespread medical...
- What Are The Causes Of Back Pain
- Back pain is a very common complaint among many...
- Top Ten Ways To Burn A Hundred Calories
- Low calorie diets are based upon a very simple...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em