Causes and Symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa
- 08 02
It is natural human desire to look slim and attractive, and there is nothing wrong in it. The desire to look slim is more prominent in girls especially during teenage. People used to follow many tips and tricks to reduce their weight. But the problem comes when someone becomes too obsessed to become thin and stops eating because of the fear of gaining weight.
They do anything possible from lots of exercise to starving themselves. Even though, they are thin, but they have an image in their mind that they are fat. This mental disorder is known as Anorexia or Anorexia nervosa.
Symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa:
- You think you are overweight even though people tell you that you are not.
- You always have fear of gaining weight.
- Doing a lot of exercise even after getting exhausted for becoming slimmer.
- You pay more attention to nutritional value and skip or hate food that earlier was your favorite.
- You have yellow or dry skin with thin hair.
- Bloated and upset stomach after eating.
- Weak bones and Osteoporosis.
- You have low blood pressure and fatigue with irregular heart beat.
- Extra sensitive to cold with swollen hands and feet
- Difficulty in remembering things
- Always feel depressed regarding your weight.
Causes of anorexia:
- The exact causes of anorexia are unknown but, it is more related to mental illness rather than eating disorder. Social environment, emotional stress and some biological factors form a complex situation which results in anorexia. Main causes of anorexia include:
- low self esteem
- Wish to be perfectionist or over-perfectionist
- family and social pressure
- Chemical imbalance in brain
- feeling of inadequate and worthless
- Stressful events like breakup or sexual abuse
- Chances of anorexia increases if someone is already suffering in the family
These are some basic causes of anorexia. Anorexia has such strong control over you that it is extremely difficult to overcome it. It is exceedingly difficult to overcome the fear of getting fat. If you have symptoms as mentioned above, think about yourself and try to change your mind set. If any of your friends is suffering from anorexia then support, care and encourage him/her to pursue treatment. It is the best thing that you can do for your friend.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Causes Of Arthritis
- Arthritis is a medical condition which is related...
- Foods to Avoid in Daily Breakfast
- Morning breakfast is an essential activity that...
- Top 8 Causes Of Diabetes
- Diabetes has become a common problem now a day....
- Top 10 Causes Of Constipation
- Constipation is one of those problems which we...
- Anemia Causes and Symptoms
- Anemia is a medical disorder which results due to...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em